The National Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Change Program is a CDC-approved curriculum with resources to help you make healthy changes. A lifestyle coach helps you learn new skills, encourages you to set and meet goals, and keeps you motivated. With the support of others with similar goals and challenges, you can share ideas, celebrate successes, and work to overcome obstacles.
- You will learn to:
- Eat healthy without giving up all the foods you love
- Add physical activity to your life, even if you don’t think you have time
- Deal with stress
- Cope with challenges that can derail your hard work—like how to choose healthy food when eating out
- Get back on track if you stray from your plan—because everyone slips now and then
Chronic Disease Self-Management class
The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is a series of workshops offered once a week, for six weeks, for two hours by two trained leaders. These workshops are for anyone with a chronic disease (such as arthritis, COPD, depression, etc.) or those who care for someone with a chronic disease. Topics covered during the workshop include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation.
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments
Diabetes Self-Management Program
The Diabetes Self-Management Program is a series of workshops offered once a week, for six weeks, for two hours by two trained leaders. These workshops are for people with Type 2 Diabetes or those who care for someone with Type 2 Diabetes. Topics covered during workshops include:
- Techniques to deal with symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear, and frustration
- Exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Healthy Eating
- Medication usage
- Working with health care professionals
Interested in learning more joining a class for FREE? Fill out the form below.
If you would like to join or be trained to lead a Diabetes Self-Management Workshop please fill out the form below.