- This event has passed.
Food Handler Course
September 8 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
This course is required for all Cabell County employees that handle food and/or wash dishes. The purpose of this course is to reduce food borne illness and teach sanitary food practices. The course covers proper food handling practices that are required under the 2013 FDA Food Code.
- Employees must obtain a valid food service worker card within thirty (30) days of hire.
- A copy of this card must be kept at the place of employment.
Instructor Led Classes are currently limited to 14 participants.
We offer instructor led classes free of charge. The classes are taught at the Cabell-Huntington Health Department located at 703 7th Avenue in Huntington. We also offer Spanish and Chinese classes when needed. This card is valid for 3 years.
- Pre-registration is required for the classes at the health department. You should arrive 10-15 minutes early; NO latecomers allowed.
- The class will last about two (2) hours.
- These classes are given every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 9:30AM and 2:00PM.