State Food Safety
- Select a course that includes the StateFoodSafety Food Protection Manager Certification Exam.
- Select an exam session with a proctor. You can do this during the registration process or any time after.
- Purchase course and finish the registration process.
- Prepare for the exam with the StateFoodSafety Food Safety Manager Training and Practice Test.
- Take the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam at your scheduled proctored session. Don't forget your photo ID! *
- Print your Food Safety Manager Certificate from your account at statefoodsafety.com ** This certificate is good for 5 years. The exam is closed book. You will be responsible for adhering to the Examinee Code of Ethics and all rules explained by the proctor.
To register for the exam, click the link Take Test
StateFoodSafety Food Protection Manager exam is equivalent to the food protection manager certification programs from ServSafe (National Restaurant Association), the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals (NRFSP), Learn2Serve (360training.com), and Prometric. The exam is ANSI accredited, meaning it meets the national standards for Food Safety Manager Certification Programs.
Food Code Used
This exam utilizes the 2017 Food Code for the material.
Prepare for the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam with the following:
Food Safety Manager Training
Food Safety Manager Practice Test
1–2 Years of Food Service Experience
FDA Food Code 2017
Tests can be taken online or at scheduled location with a proctor. For proctored exams, you must contact StateFoodSafety to access material, find a location, and determine a proctor.
call (801) 494-1416 or email email@example.com
MONDAY - FRIDAY
7:00 AM - 5:00 PM (MST)
Fax: (801) 226-4315
What's Included in Training & Exam
100% Online, Mobile-Friendly, 8 Hours (Start and Stop as Needed)
Free Practice Test
Unlimited Attempts, Prepares You for the Exam
ANSI Accredited (Nationally Approved) , 80 Questions (2-Hour Time Limit), 750/1000 Points to Pass
For in-person or online, the exam offers the languages:
Check with your local health department for any additional steps or fees.
- Check Requirements
Check state and local regulatory information and your organization’s policies to determine your training and certification needs.
- 2. Select Exam Options
Select the training and exam option that best meets your needs, regulatory requirements and schedule. You can use different formats for the course and exam. For example, you can take an instructor-led course and on online exam. See more
- Find Proctor for Exam
If you already have an instructor or proctor, skip this step. Examinees are encouraged to verify through independent sources that can help determine if an individual is affiliated with a legitimate business prior to registering and/or paying for a class or exam. See more
- Purchase Exam Materials
Ask your instructor and proctor what materials you need to purchase. In some cases, the instructor will provide materials. Online Exam: Purchase the course and exam voucher.
5. Upon passing the exam, you will receive your food safety certification from your proctor. To register for the exam, click the link Take Test
The ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Examination (ServSafe Manager Exam) is available in the following languages:
Online: English, Spanish and Chinese.
Print: English, Spanish/English, Korean/English, Chinese/English, French Canadian/English, Japanese/English, and Large Print.
All exams are multiple choice.
This Exam Utilizes the 2017 Food Code for the material
In addition, there is an Instructor Exam in English for anyone interested in becoming a Certified ServSafe Instructor.
Business Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. (U.S. Eastern Standard Time)
Phone: (800) 765-2122 or (312) 715-1010
Fax: (866) 665-9570 or (312) 583-9853 in the Chicago area
Instructor Led Course
Take a class from an approved ServSafe Instructor
Purchase the ServSafe book and study
material and work at your own pace
With the 24/7 access of online training
products, you are always in control of how, where and when you train
SERVSAFE FOOD MANAGER COURSE WITH ONLINE PROCTORED EXAM
Online Course uses 2017 FDA Food Code with Languages: (English and Spanish)
The online exam offers and includes proctoring at home with ProctorU program
Included with the test is one online course, one online exam access code for the 90-question online exam, and online proctoring through ProctorU. Administration, Processing and a 5-year ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification is included. (must have computer access with working webcam and a private location.)
Proctors give directions in English and is NOT refundable.
Ohio users must submit an application for Ohio Department of Health Manager Certification in Food Protection, their ServSafe Manager Record of Training from the online course, and their ServSafe Manager Examination Certification.
National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
Getting Certified To register for the exam, click the link Take Test
- Locate Trainer: National Registry has a network of trainers and Test Administrators/Proctors.
- Choose type of exam: The paper & pencil examination is available in the following languages: English, Spanish, Korean, and modern and traditional Chinese.
- Take a Proctored Online Examination with an approved NRFSP Test Administrator/Proctor on any computer (not all Test Administrators/Proctors have this approval). Examinations available in English and Spanish.
- Take at a Pearson VUE Testing Center in your area. Pearson VUE is the global leader in computer-based testing for professional testing programs around the world with over 14 million people using their testing centers each year. Pearson VUE provides the International Certified Food Safety Manager exam.
All U.S. based Pearson VUE-owned test centers are open with limited capacity. Please view Pearson VUE’s COVID-19 updates.
- Compass Networks: 4 Stonecrest Drive Huntington, West Virginia 25701
- Mountwest Community and Technical College: One Mountwest Way Huntington, West Virginia 25701
- Metro Community FCU: 215 18th Street Huntington, West Virginia 25703
- Ashland Community and Technical College: 1400 College Drive/Room G101 Ashland, Kentucky 41101
KEDC – Greenup: 614 West Main Street Greenup, Kentucky 41144
English, Spanish, Chinese (Modern / Traditional), Korean
Online Options: Pearson VUE Testing Center (Proctor Online)
Certification / Exam: 80 questions , Valid for up to 5 years, accredited by ANSI against Conference for Food Protection standards, Pearson VUE version also accredited by ANSI against ISO 17024 standard. View regulations for your state.
You must successfully pass the examination to receive your certificate. Your certificate is valid for five years. Different states have specific regulations regarding food manager certificates.
For questions and problems, call or email Customer Service:
- Telephone: 800-446-0257
This Food Safety Manager Exam assesses the knowledge and skills of entry-level food managers. It has recognized exam practices that exceed industry expectations.
The food safety manager exam is offered in two formats:
- The Food Safety Manager Certification Examination (FSMCE)
- the International Certified Food Safety Manager (ICFSM)
(Both programs are accepted in the United States and meet regulatory requirements.)
The National Registry of Food Safety Professionals are taking necessary measures to safeguard their staff while ensuring the needs of test takers. Those enhanced steps are for serving the community. You can contact them via chat and email, as phone wait times can be longer than expected.
Customer Care Hours: A support team is available Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. EDT. For faster service through chats.
Exam Rush/Overnight Shipments: They can no longer guarantee rush/overnight delivery on exam orders or course books. Utilize the online exam delivery platform if exams are needed severely. Fulfillment of First Principles and Management Principles books will continue on Tuesdays and Thursdays from our Lansing, MI facility which is also in a “Shelter-In-Place restriction.
Face masks are now required while testing at Pearson VUE-owned test centers.
- Select State for the test to be taken for.
- Choose either online exam with training or without
- Purchase the selected exam package and follow instructions given.
- Determine locations and proctors.
- Take Exam and pass to achieve certificate.
To register for the exam, click the link Take Test
To be a certified Food Protection Manager you must pass an accredited Food Protection Manager Certification examination. The exam covers food safety principles, temperature control, HACCP and sanitation, pest control, food handling and storage; and contamination identification and prevention. It is designed for mid-level or experienced professionals in the food service industry. This involves restaurant managers, produce managers, and store managers. With the Food Manager Certification Exam there are no required courses or training requirements leading up to the exam. The learner is assessed based on their knowledge in a set of concepts. After passing the exam, the individual will earn the Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) designation. The certification is valid for a period of three to five years. At the end of the certification period, recertification will be required.
This exam offers the following languages:
This exam utilizes the 2017 Food Code for the exam material
360 Learning is working diligently to provide individuals and organizations regulatory-approved training, and enabling a safe, healthy environment for the communities they serve. Masks are required in testing locations. When calling 360 Learning support, there can be larger than normal wait times due to Covid-19 related issues. It is best to make use of the customer support section of the website for easier responses. Either option is recommended to go about finding and scheduling a Food manager exam.
Mount Sterling - Kentucky Air motive, Inc.
709 Airport Rd, Mount Sterling-Montgomery Co. Airport, Mount Sterling, Kentucky,40353
6431 Alum Creek Dr, Suite I Groveport, Ohio,43125
Florence - Gateway Comm and Tech College
500 Technology Way,Florence,Kentucky,41042
4000 Executive Park Dr, Suite 105 Cincinnati, Ohio,45241
6397 Emerald Parkway, Suite 150, Dublin, Ohio,43016
Certified Professional Food Manager Exam is an affordable program that offers convenient and flexible options for test takers. It has been designed to mirror real-life situations to help food professionals understand critical food safety principles and apply their skills at work. It is delivered in all states and explores retails and restaurants. Offered in both paper and online forms. This certification is valid for 5 years but may vary for different local health jurisdictions. Some states have additional requirements, such as registering your certificate with the local health department or paying an additional issuance fee. For more detailed information about becoming a certified food safety manager in your state, please refer to your local health authority. This exam utilizes the 2017 Food Code for their Exam Question Material.
The Exam offers the
- Open the food portal link and click get started.
- Next click register as test taker and register with Prometric to proceed.
- Next check your email for instructions to create a password to sign in.
- Sign in and purchase the exam of your choice of language, online or in person and required with your work.
- After purchasing call 1-800-624-2736 to schedule an appointment for online or schedule a physical test site.
- Take exam at scheduled time and receive certificate after passing.
To register for the exam, click the link Take Test
For technical support: 1-866-794-3407 and select option 1
For exam and voucher ordering as well as certificate inquiries: 1-800-624-2736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
General inquires: 1-866-794-3497 and select option 2 or email email@example.com
Billing or Payment:
Test Center #5224
Charleston - Players Club Drive
2 Players Club Dr.
West Virginia 25311
Resuming testing in many of the U.S. and Canada test centers, at either full or limited occupancy, based on local and government mandates. The site status list reflects the operational standing of each test center following COVID-related closures. They continue to open new appointments, frequently check to schedule an exam.
Prometric may have to close sites with limited notice for unforeseen events, like extreme weather, natural disasters, pandemics, power outages, or other occurrences. A list of those test center can be found on our test center closures page.
If an exam is impacted due to continued site closures or regional restrictions, an email notification will be sent stating that the appointment has been rescheduled with a new test date and location or canceled with instructions on how to reschedule for a future date. On August 3, 2020, cancellation and rescheduling fees will be re-instated, where applicable. Candidates who have their appointments canceled or rescheduled as a result of site closures will not be penalized in this circumstance and are entitled to one free reschedule for their exam. Also, candidates who are unable to test due to COVID-19 illness need only use standard escalation procedure by the Test Taker “Contact Us” form and choose "Request a Refund."